A faith based charity in West London is seeking a talented Finance Manager for a new vacancy. The role represents a chance for a part-qualified Accountant to continue their studies, whilst making improvements to the organisation’s financial processes and procedures. The organisation is a Catholic congregation, and applicants should be understanding and respectful of working in this type of environment.
The role will involve:
- Preparation and monitoring of the annual budget for the Charity, and providing quarterly reports to the trustees on financial performance.
- Prepare draft statutory accounts for external audit including all supporting schedules. Liaise with auditors during the audit and at other times of the year. Arrange sign off of the statutory accounts and submission to the Charity Commission and Companies House.
- Maintain full and accurate financial records of the Charity on an electronic accounting system, to include a cashbook, bank reconciliation and all double entry transactions.
- Prepare quarterly reports of the operational and financial performance of the charity’s 5 regional entities.
- Prepare and manage a cashflow forecast for loans and grants to the regions and other financial commitments.
- Liaise with investment managers, monitor financial performance and ethical compliance of the investments and advise on changes to the investment strategy.
- Processing of all financial transactions to include receipts and payments and maintain ledgers
- Working in conjunction with the Chief Executive, Treasurer and Business Support Manager on other finance and non-finance related issues
- Part-qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA etc) looking to become fully-qualified and continue their studies
- Respectful and professional persona happy to work in a religious setting (Applicants do not necessarily need to be Catholic)
- The ability to work in a ‘sole charge’ or autonomous capacity
- Strong systems experience (ideally Sage)
- Experience in a role combining transactional finance duties with preparation of accounts
- Experience with budgeting
- Prior experience liaising with Investment/Portfolio Managers desirable
Please send your CV for further consideration.
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Ref: EXPIRED - J58066 | Published: 04th Nov 2016