|Job Title||Finance Director - Central London - EXPIRED|
|Salary||£65k per year|
|Job Published||03 Jan 2017|
|Contact Name||Finance Team|
Would you like to work for a small but well-established grant making charity which has been established for over 50 years in London?
If so, an exciting opportunity has come up to work as Finance Director and Trust Secretary for a leading charity based in Central London.
You will be the number one person in Finance working very closely with the CEO and the Board of Trustees.
This is a very hands on Finance role where you will be heavily involved in both the operational and strategic side of Finance, working within a team of 10 members of staff in total.
Some of your key responsibilities are:
· Working with the Chief Executive, Management Team and Trustees to implement the organisation's new strategy
· Medium term business planning and forecasting
· All aspects of financial management, accounting, reporting and investments, including monthly management accounts
· Monitoring the investment portfolio, managing the relationship with the investment managers and liaising with the Investment Sub committee
· As Trust Secretary, preparing papers for quarterly Trustee meetings, preparing and filing the Annual Return to the Charity Commission and making sure the WCMT is compliant with Charity Commission requirements and any changes in charity law and accounting
· Ensuring HR policies and procedures are up-to-date, in place, meet relevant legislative and regulatory requirements and are communicated to the staff team
· Overseeing WCMT's IT provision and development as well as ensuring Data Protection policies meet legislative requirements
· Developing and monitoring risk management policies and procedures, ensuring that staff and Trustees are aware and engaged
· Preparing and filing the Annual Report and Financial Statements in accordance with the Trustee Deed, Charities Act 1993 and the Charity SORP
Key skills required for this role are:
· Recognised CCAB Qualified Accountant
· Experience working in the Charity or Not-for-Profit sector
· Up-to-date knowledge of Charity SORP, Charities Act and the Charity Commission
· Ability to think strategically and analytically and make balanced judgements
· Experience working at a senior management level, including line management experience
· Evidence of working in a team and contributing to a culture of collaborative working
· Strong and broad interests in current affairs, policy and the challenges facing the UK today
Candidates who are shortlisted for this role will be invited for an interview on January 19, 2017.
Closing date for this role is January 9, 2016.
For further details or for a confidential discussion, please feel free to contact Angela Chellappah at TPP Finance and Accountancy on 020 7198 6050 or email her on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.