|Job Title||Events Volunteer - EXPIRED|
|Contract Type||Temporary / Interim|
|Job Published||04 Mar 2016|
|Contact Name||Volunteers Team|
About Solving Kids’ Cancer
Solving Kids’ Cancer supports families affected by high-risk childhood cancers in the areas of neuroblastoma, brain tumours and sarcomas. We provide information and practical support to families from diagnosis onwards and fund innovative research which shows potential for significant improvements in survival in children in these challenging areas.
About this role
This is an exciting opportunity to use skills and enthusiasm to support an international children’s cancer charity. Event volunteers are central to our work to grow income and raise awareness at a local level.
The role is suitable for someone keen to get involved in event management in the third sector; that can use their pro-activity, out-going and enthusiastic nature to produce your own fundraising event.
- Organising a fundraising event locally every 6 months (with the support of the Fundraising Team)) to raise funds for Solving Kids’ Cancer.
- Building relationships locally with community establishments and local businesses (shops etc.) to support your fundraising. .
- Keeping accurate records of fundraising activities, local contacts and money raised and relaying information to Solving Kids’ Cancer.
What we offer
- Experience fundraising for a charitable organisation
- The opportunity to make a real contribution to our work
- Training and support from the SKC team
- References for future employers
- Reimbursement of reasonable out-of-pocket expenses to fulfil the role
- People person
- Go getter – not afraid to ask!
- Negotiating and influencing
- Ability to handle money
- Project Management (including budgeting)
- Time management
What do I have to do before I can start?
- Complete our registration form.
- Provide two references (one must be a professional reference).
- Attend a 2-part interview comprised of a discussion followed by presentation of an event plan.
- Home based
- This role is extremely flexible and can be completed in your own time.
- Minimum of 6 months; approx. 4-6 hours per week.
How to Apply
- Please email a covering letter stating why you wish to work in events management for the third sector, as well as a CV to Rebekah@solvingkidscancer.org.uk