|Job Title||Events Manager - EXPIRED|
|Salary||£30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Job Published||11 Feb 2015|
|Contact Name||TPP Fundraising|
TPP is working alongside a successful and inspiring children's charity to recruit an Events Manager to lead their challenge and special events. This is a full time, permanent position, working for at their head office in Surrey, managing a team of 3 and reporting to the Head of Community and Events.
The successful applicant will undertake the following duties:
- Manage all aspects of the charity's events, runs and challenges programme so as to maximise participation and income generation from this source
- Manage the planning and income & expenditure budget for the events, runs and challenges programme and to ensure income targets are met
- Research and advise on new opportunities to increase income from these sources, both by creating new events and by increasing participation in the charity's events and other third party events around the country
- Develop and manage relationships with organisations that organise running events
- Develop and manage relationships with challenge tour operators
- Liaise with colleagues in corporate and community fundraising to develop events, runs and challenges further around the country
- Liaise with colleagues in the Volunteering Department to expand the involvement of volunteers in the events, runs and challenges programme
The successful applicant will have the following:
- Senior level experience of charity fundraising with particular experience of Events fundraising
- Proven experience of effective team management and motivation of teams
- Demonstrable experience of working alongside other fundraising managers
- Proven experience of working with committees who deliver events
- Proven experience of working with challenge providers
- Knowledge of how to maximise income raised at events
- Knowledge of online fundraising websites
- Ability to plan, develop and achieve results from new events ideas
- Proven experience of budget management and delivery
- Willingness to work evening and weekends
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate effectively and appropriately to a wide range of audiences and stakeholders
- Hold a full driving licence
Closing date: ASAP
If you are interested in this role or wish to register with TPP to hear about future posts, please call Marianne on 020 7198 6040 or send your CV to email@example.com. We do try to get in touch with all applications of interest however due to the volume of applications we receive this isn't always possible.
Plus free training for fundraisers!
All fundraisers who secure a role through TPP receive a £100 CPD voucher to use with the Institute of Fundraising. More details are available on the TPP Not for Profit website http://www.tpp.co.uk/CPDvoucher.
TPP is committed to equal opportunities and actively encourages applications from all sectors of the community. We shortlist based on competencies and not on race, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.