|Job Title||Employability Tutor - EXPIRED|
|Contract Type||Temporary / Interim|
|Location||Littlehampton, West Sussex|
|Salary||£12 - £15 per hour|
|Job Published||31 Oct 2014|
|Contact Name||TPP Education|
Excellent opportunity within an expanding Skills and training agency who have just won a brand new contract! Temp role initially but with prospects of a permanent role. It is an immediate start, the successful candidate will need to have an up to date DBS. This position is looking to pay £12-15per hour and is based in Littlehampton.
Purpose of role: In this role you will be responsible for the planning, delivery and development of our Study Programmes courses which consist of Vocational (Business Admin, Customer Service, Retail or Childcare) and Functional Skills with elements of Employability (Work Skills) for 16 to 24 year olds.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Classroom based delivery of Vocational courses at L1 and L2 as well as Work Skills, assessing learner portfolios.
* Classroom based delivery of Functional Skills English, Maths and ICT up to Level 2.
* Effective interpretation of a range of initial assessment and diagnostic tools.
* Devising Learner Journeys/Action Plans taking into consideration various learning styles and individual learner needs.
* Developing schemes of work and lesson plans as well as contributing to the on-going creation and development of new and innovative training materials/resources.
* Liaising with colleagues to offer learners the best possible progression route for further education, apprenticeships and employment.
* Ensuring all delivery meets quality and performance standards set by Skills Training UK.
* Achieving a minimum of Grade 2 in all internal and external inspections, monitoring visits and observations.
* Achieving minimum retention rate of 90% and success rate of 90% for accredited qualifications.
* Supporting the administration of the learning aims.
* Contributing to the enrolment of new learners if required.
* Attending curriculum working groups where necessary
* Administrating and completing paperwork associated with programme within required timescales.
* Keeping up to date with any awarding organisation changes and requirements
To apply for this role you will need to have the following:
* A current DBS check.
* Achieved a fully endorsed teaching qualification such as a Cert Ed, PGCE, DTLLS or equivalent as a minimum qualification.
* Ability to deliver Employability Skills
* Ability and experience of working with 16 to 24 years old, challenging learners with a wide variety of barriers from diverse backgrounds.
* Experience and knowledge of Ofsted inspections desirable
TPP is committed to equal opportunities and actively encourages applications from all sectors of the community. We shortlist based on competencies and not on race, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
TPP Not for Profit was voted Best Recruitment Agency 2014 at the IoF PIFAs.