|Job Title||EA to Executive Director - EXPIRED|
|Contract Type||Temporary / Interim|
|Salary||£13.94 - 13.94 per hour|
|Job Published||09 Dec 2015|
|Contact Name||Penny Raven|
Temporary EA to Executive Director (Part-time)
Our client a large international aid charity are seeking an experience EA to assist them on a temporary basis from 4th January until 12th February 2016.
The Executive Assistant plays a key role in providing a flexible and responsive administrative support to the Executive Director to enable the ED to function as smoothly as possible, as well as limited planning and co-ordination support for the Management Team.
The role also provides a high level of administrative support to the Chairman of the Board of Trustees.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the ED's email, including filtering emails, highlighting urgent correspondence and printing attachments
- Manage a busy diary, scheduling UK and International meetings and managing travel arrangements
- Manage the day-to-day flow of information and requests received by the ED, including invitations
- Proactively co-ordinate meeting, agenda points, circulate papers, take minutes of meetings, produce and circulate accurate records of meetings, and follow up action points
- Follow up outstanding issues which emerge from the ED's work, priorities and meetings chase progress as required, to ensure that deadlines are met
- Co-ordinate international travel, including visas and accommodation. May be asked to support with travel for other MT members on an exceptional basis
- Maintain effective information management systems (e.g. hard copy and electronic filing, records of actions and decisions, etc.)
- Draft correspondence and other communications, often to high-level recipients and of a complex and sensitive nature
- Provide limited amount of support for the Chairman including arranging travel and research for presentations
- Additional tasks as required, especially during busy periods (for example when there is a large emergency)
- Demonstrable experience in executive assistant / PA role in a pressurised environment requiring tact, judgment and discretion in handling internal and external contacts and information.
- Experience of successfully and professionally managing executive inbox, facilitating their workload and diary, including researching and booking of international travel, visas and accommodation
- Experience of successful and credible working with senior management teams
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- Intermediate level in the use of IT packages, e.g. Outlook or Lotus Notes email, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and specialist equipment, e.g. AV/VC conferencing
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and diplomatically, verbally and in writing, face-to-face and over the telephone
- Experience of drafting correspondence and other documents on behalf of senior executive
- Proven ability to work in a disciplined and organised fashion, under pressure, with conflicting priorities and across time zones
Temporary EA to Executive Director
1 month from 4th Jan
24 hours per week, 8 hour per days excluding lunch (Monday, Wednesday and Friday)