|Job Title||Digital Development Team Lead - Innovation Charity - £65-75k - EXPIRED|
|Salary||£65000 - £75000 per annum|
|Job Published||04 Sep 2017|
|Contact Name||Jamie Reynolds|
A dynamic and forward-thinking innovation charity based in central London is seeking a talented, driven software development manager for an exciting new role. The ideal candidate will be a natural leader and motivator of people, and will have some exposure to EU-style research and development projects and rapid prototyping.
The organisation is at the forefront of urban innovation within the charity sector, and would represent a great opportunity for a talented development manager.
The role will involve:
- Working closely with a broad range of stakeholders to design, build and deploy compelling digital tools and platforms
- Developing the charity's capabilities around rapid digital tool prototyping, software platform design and good software engineering practice.
- Lead the Digital Development Team, including line management of our growing team of 3, performance management, resource planning and delivering operational effectiveness in line with strategic direction
- Provide software engineering expertise on projects and support the expansion of the software development offering at the charity
- Lead software development projects for external clients through all stages from user requirements capture and system design, to coding, testing, deployment and support
- Manage software development teams that operate across organisations and are composed of internal and external resources
- Scoping new projects
- Build on the charity's reputation for boundary pushing digital tools and drive thought leadership through community engagement.
- Track record of working within a software development environment, ideally string knowledge of Java coding
- Exposure to EU-style research and development projects a strong advantage
- Experience of rapid prototyping strongly advantageous
- Experience of effectively commissioning external software developers as part of project deliver
- Demonstrable experience of designing new digital products and leading projects that create user facing tools or digital platforms
- Comfortable building early-stage prototypes (digital prototypes, mock up's) and commissioning targeted user testing
- Proven ability to take responsibility for systems infrastructure required to develop and maintain software products, from source code management systems, to testing environments, system deployment and systems usage analytics
-Familiarity with software design, development and deployment in public-sector environments, ideally within city governments, is desirable
- Proven ability to manage your own work priorities and time to ensure client expectations are met
-Proven ability to manage and motivate a team
Please send your CV for immediate consideration.