|Job Title||Development Manager, Major Gifts - EXPIRED|
|Salary||£36000 per annum|
|Job Published||09 Apr 2015|
|Contact Name||TPP Fundraising|
This leading UK children's charity is recruiting for a Development Manager, Major Gifts to work within its successful fundraising team and fundraise for pioneering medical research with a focus on major donors and high value trusts and foundations.
Key duties within this position will include:
- Support the overall development of a new major gifts fundraising strategy in line with the overall charity research funding strategy
- Work closely with prospective and existing donors to raise income with a focus in securing six and seven figure donations from individuals and charitable trusts
- Work in collaboration with existing and future external leadership boards and other volunteers to identify potential donors and ensure the most effective approaches are made to secure funds
- Reflect on prospective research profiles in order to create informed individual engagement, cultivation and solicitation plans
- Forge long term relationships with a range of internal stakeholders
- Develop a broad knowledge of projects being funded by the charity that can in turn be communicated to prospective donors
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience of major gift fundraising with a track record of raising six figure (or high five figure) donations and initiating major donor relationships
- A working knowledge of the principles of major gift fundraising to include identification, research, solicitation and stewardship
- Experience of fundraising for research in the healthcare or medical research arena
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to listen and discover a donor's interests and motivations to match them to compelling opportunities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to covey often complex information in an engaging and donor friendly manner
- A positive and proactive approach
- Performance and target driven
Closing date for applications: ASAP
If you are interested in this role or wish to register with TPP to hear about future posts, please call Alice on 020 7198 6040 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do try to get in touch with all applications of interest however due to the volume of applications we receive this isn't always possible.
Plus free training for fundraisers!
All fundraisers who secure a role through TPP receive a £100 CPD voucher to use with the Institute of Fundraising. More details are available on the TPP Not for Profit website http://www.tpp.co.uk/CPDvoucher.
TPP is committed to equal opportunities and actively encourages applications from all sectors of the community. We shortlist based on competencies and not on race, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.