|Job Title||Cookery Skills Tutor - EXPIRED|
|Salary||£26k - 28.5k per year|
|Job Published||04 Aug 2015|
|Contact Name||Education Team|
A training provider for people with learning disabilities and difficulties, supporting learners into employment and independent living are recruiting for a full time Cookery Skills Tutor for a permanent position.
Based in Harrow the Cookery Skills Tutor will contribute to the coordination and delivery of Foundation Learning Courses: including Functional Skills, Personal and Social Development, Hospitality and Catering, Life Skills, Enrichment and Employability for Young Adults with Learning Difficulties
You will be able to deliver basic cooking skills such as safety in the kitchen, and healthy meals. This is a non accredited course and is more focused on helping students learn valuable independent living skills.
You will also help students twice a week prepare a two course meal for the rest of the centre.
The organisation value personal development and organise many CPD training sessions for all their staff. There may also be an opportunity for career progression later in the year.
The main responsibilities of the Cookery Skills Tutor role include:
• To teach and manage learning of independent living skills around cooking and kitchen safety.
• To plan for and produce schemes of work for designated areas of the Curriculum
• To regularly review student progress and record results with the use of an ILP
• To monitor and report on student attendance, progress and achievement
• To participate in Quality assurance through self assessment and course evaluation
• To understand students’ requirements and ensure these are met at the earliest opportunity
• To contribute to Curriculum Development
• To participate in the development of Teaching and Learning Strategies: including use of IT, e-learning and ILT where necessary.
Hours will be from 9-5 Monday to Friday. You will also have responsibility for a tutor group.
Criteria for the Cookery Skills Tutor:
• Teaching Qualification such as QTS, QTLS or CTTLs
• Preferably (but not essential) experience in teaching home economics/ food technology
• Experience of working with vulnerable persons, specifically those with Learning Difficulties
• Experience of managing challenging behaviours
• Experience of promoting both Welfare and Inclusion of Vulnerable Adults
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV to the Education Team quoting reference number J51464KP