|Job Title||Contracts Legal Secretary - West Midlands - £28-30k - EXPIRED|
|Salary||£28k - 30k per year|
|Job Published||21 Dec 2016|
|Contact Name||Finance Team|
A leading mental health charity based in Tipton (West Midlands) are seeking an experienced contracts / legal secretary to support the Tax Accountant is reviewing contracts as part of a significant charity restructure. The role will be offered as a fixed term contract for 15 months.
The role will involve:
- Reporting to the Tax Accountant, this new temporary post (15 months) will support the negotiation and transfer of service contracts from the charity to a subsidiary company; ensuring that new requirements are written into contracts between commissioning bodies and our subsidiary trading company
- The post holder will review all current contracts with NHS and local authorities in order to assess the contractual clauses and the ease of which we can “novate” the contracts to the subsidiary company.
- Prioritising these contracts in order to maximise the VAT recovery in the 2017-18 financial year
- Responsible for contacting the contract holder and negotiating the process required to have the contract “novated” to the subsidiary company
- Form strong working relationships with the contract holder; ensuring effective communications and protocols; exercising sound commercial judgments in situations where the communication is complex or contentious in nature
- Develop and produce a range of contracting variance options through review and assessment, undertake detailed and often complex option appraisals and make expert judgments; design changes with regard to legal contexts or any contentious issues. Working closely with the in–house solicitor to ensure legal compliance
- Work with the tax accountant to ensure that the correct contracts are being invoiced by the correct organisation and VAT recovered as soon as appropriate
- Educated to degree level in relevant subject or equivalent level qualification or significant experience of working at a similar level within this specialist legal area.
- Strong technical contract management knowledge and experience, with proven negotiation skills and ability to influence others
- Evidence of commitment to learning and professional development relevant to the post.
- Knowledge of legislative framework and relevant contract law
- Knowledge of primary and secondary care commissioning functions. Broad knowledge of the NHS and the local authority agenda
- An interest in supporting mental illness / mental health
Please send your CV for further consideration
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.