|Job Title||Communications and Fundraising Volunteer - EXPIRED|
|Job Published||20 Apr 2015|
|Contact Name||Volunteers team|
Link Ethiopia is a charity dedicated to helping Ethiopian communities escape poverty through education. We achieve this through projects tailored to the needs of schools and by building partnerships between UK and Ethiopian schools which enable young people to exchange ideas and work together.
We are seeking a high calibre intern/volunteer to develop our communications and fundraising work in key areas, including our school linking & child sponsorship programmes, as well as our events, individual giving and associated project work.
You would be working closely with our Links & Communications Manager and our Fundraising Manager, as part of a small, friendly team at our London head office near Kings Cross. The position would suit a motivated, resourceful individual looking to gain a range of experiences in a fast-growing and important sector of education and international development.
The position is part-time (Monday-Friday) for a minimum of three months (though full-time is possible for the right candidate). It is unpaid but an expenses allowance of up to £5 per day is available.
Below are examples of the tasks that you will lead or support on:
- Coordinating social media policy, content development and content distribution
- Developing marketing materials for supporters
- Updating and developing web content
- Marketing overseas volunteering, summer school programs and tours of Ethiopia
School linking programme:
- Communicating with UK schools for updates, support and encouragement
- Researching and recruiting new schools
- Creating and sending information to schools (welcome packs, curriculum materials, posters,
noticeboard materials, annual school update sheets)
- Improving learning resources & creating new lesson activities/plans
- Developing internal Guideline document(s)
Child sponsorship programme:
- Recruiting individuals connected to our School Links, Volunteering & Tours programmes to
- Research for new sponsorship recruitment
- Research into different sponsorship models
- Creating and sending information and marketing materials to sponsors (welcome packs,
- Research new sources of funding, identify suitable donors for new applications and manage
the donor database
- Produce research to guide future funding applications and project design
- Plan and organise fundraising and donor events
- Ensure all donors are thanked in a timely manner
- Research into project design, feasibility and direction
- Project monitoring and evaluation support; report writing, impact assessment, liaising with Ethiopia-based team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including confidence with the English
- Proven ability to work independently and manage own workload
- Evidence of a methodical approach, excellent attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft packages, including Word and Excel
- Motivated self-starter, with a friendly, helpful attitude
- Share Link Ethiopia's vision and mission
- A relevant degree and/or experience in International Development, Development Education,
Education or other related field
- Experience of using design programmes such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience of working with online Wordpress website platform
- Experience of fundraising, with individuals and/or organisations
- Administrative experience, including using databases
- Experience managing social media accounts and/or blogging
- Experience of volunteering
To apply send your CV and 1-page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role based on the job and person specifications, to email@example.com by 8am, Monday 11th May. Interviews will be held in the following week(s).
TPP is committed to equal opportunities and actively encourages applications from all sectors of the community. We shortlist based on competencies and not on race, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.