|Job Title||Committee and Governance Officer - EXPIRED|
|Contract Type||Temporary / Interim|
|Salary||£15.38 - 15.38 per hour + holiday pay|
|Job Published||22 Nov 2016|
|Contact Name||OS Temp Team|
Committee and Governance Officer - Temp role
This is a unique opportunity to join a leading Medical Membership Society as Committee and Governance Officer on a temporary basis. Reporting to the Office Manager and Executive Assistant, you will be providing high quality support to 17 committees and groups and comprehensive support to the society's corporate governance and in-house publishing activities. You will have significant experience of preparing minutes for a broad spectrum of committees and groups, extensive experience of providing full administrative support to committees and preparing detailed briefing documents. You will be confident, switched on and pedantic, with an excellent command of English.
- Sourcing and setting dates for Committee meetings, booking committee rooms, arranging catering, booking AV, facilitating arrangements for committee members, for example travel and accommodation booking (where necessary) and processing expense claims.
- Preparation of agendas and packs of papers, writing and distributing Committee and relevant Advisory Group meeting minutes and co-ordination of follow-up action in conjunction with the relevant Chairs and members of staff for all committees, sub committees and groups shown in the attached committee structure chart
- Maintaining the committee information recorded in the CRM and website including maintenance of lists of officers and notification of expiry of tenure
- Assist the Finance & Commercial Director and CEO with corporate governance issues including management of the procedures for the Annual General Meeting and elections/ballots
- Maintain and proactively manage a schedule of governance activities throughout the year
- Assist the Finance and Commercial Director and CEO in the organisation of Trustee and Committee member training programmes and production of relevant induction literature-
- Interpret and advise on the Society’s Articles and Rules, including election and voting rules and procedures
- Administer returns and similar updates to the Charity Commission and Companies House
- Maintain the register of Trustees’/Directors’ interests
- Maintain and proactively manage the Society’s risk management register in collaboration with stakeholders.
This role is with an immediate start and so preference will be given to candidates that are available immediately or on a short notice period.
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.