|Job Title||Care Assistant - EXPIRED|
|Salary||£12203 - £12848 per annum|
|Job Published||03 Jun 2015|
|Contact Name||TPP Social Care & Housing|
To be considered for this role you will need to have a NVQ 2 or higher in Health & Social Care, great communication skills - both written & oral and be available to work rostered hours which may include sleep-ins and weekends.
Your main duties will be:
* To be involved in supporting service users with their physical care and personal hygiene needs, ensuring that their independence is preserved and developed as far as possible, in accordance with the rules regarding delegation of nursing tasks and affording appropriate levels of privacy and dignity.
* To contribute to effective communication with service users, their relatives, friends, professional helpers and other members of staff, ensuring the continuity of quality and safety in the provision of personal care services.
* To encourage service users to maintain maximum independence, taking into account their physical and emotional condition and to stimulate their participation in the running of the service.
* To pass on to other staff, via individual records and the daily reports, any incidents this may have relevance to the service users' individual plans.
* To become familiar with any changes in the service users' condition or situation within the Service at the beginning of each shift.
* To escort and assist service users, as required, in and around the service.
* To escort service users to obtain services including recreational, educational and leisure facilities in the community.
* To assist with the provision of food and general housekeeping in accordance with the requirements of the service.
* To actively encourage and to participate in any basic programme as advised by the relevant therapist.
* To help service users with mobility problems and other physical disabilities and to assist in the use of care aids and personal equipment.
* To comply with all health and safety policies and procedures.
* To participate in supervision, staff meetings and training activities as required.
* To be responsible for maintaining and improving own knowledge and skills through experience and training.
* To undertake additional responsibilities as requested by the Service Manager following the successful completion of specific training and personal skills development.
* To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested.
To apply for the position of Care Assistant please follow the links provided or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference J51846SE
TPP is committed to equal opportunities and actively encourages applications from all sectors of the community. We shortlist based on competencies and not on race, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.