||Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed
||20 Mar 2017
At Made In Hackney we believe everyone should have access to healthy, affordable food that’s good for people and planet.
Made in Hackney is in the early stages of becoming it’s own independent charity, after 4 years of being a project of charity AMURT UK. We seek someone to take the helm and chair our new Board of Trustees which is in the early stages of being formed. You will be a strong, experienced and enthusiastic advocate for Made in Hackney and help to raise our profile.
As Chair of Trustees your principal responsibilities will be:
- Providing leadership to the organisation and the board by ensuring that everyone works as a unified group and remains focused on the delivery of its charitable purposes in order to provide greater public benefit
- Planning the quarterly board meetings and other meetings where required
- Setting agendas for board meetings, and chairing them
- Checking with staff that decisions taken at meetings are implemented
- Giving direction to board policy-making
- Representing the organisation at functions and meetings with other charities and acting as an ambassador and spokesperson as appropriate
- Bringing impartiality and objectivity to decision-making with the Project Managers
- Helping to develop the board of trustees including induction, training, appraisal and succession planning
- Addressing any conflict within the board and within the organisation, and liaising with the Project Managers to resolve this
- Liaising with the Project Managers to keep an overview of the organisation’s affairs and to provide support as appropriate
- Supporting and appraising the performance of the Project Managers
- Play a significant role in the overall governance and strategic direction of the charity, its financial health and act in accordance with all legal and regulatory guidelines
- Attend a one day training for new trustees – this will most likely be a week day
- Attending four Board meetings per year held in the evening
- Make some local visits across different programme delivery sites in London (eg. kitchens)
- Be able to commit 4-10 hours a month proactive help in addition to attending meetings.
- We also hope to organise a one day Trustee away day.
- A commitment to the mission and vision of Made in Hackney, as well as an understanding and passion for its Food Policy
- Previous experience as a charity trustee
- Leadership skills
- Tact and diplomacy
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect confidences
- Strategic vision
- Good, independent judgement
- An ability to think creatively
- A willingness to speak their mind
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to the trustee role
- A career development opportunity – a chance to help shape the future direction and growth of an ethical food enterprise and develop valuable skills in the sector
- A meaningful way of giving back and ensuring the success of a dynamic small charity working to address spiralling health and environmental crisis
- Gain valuable insight into the internal operations of a dynamic community food project
- Networking opportunities with other influential trustees
- These roles are not remunerated but reasonable expenses will be reimbursed (e.g. travel)
How to Apply
To apply please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com You will be invited for an informal interview to discuss the role in more detail.
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Ref: LF1124 | Published: 20th Mar 2017
The Edridge Fund is a well-established benevolent fund which assists staff within Probation Services and CAFCASS (Family Courts). We are looking for a Secretary to the Board of Trustees who can offer a few hours a month with the ability to provide advice to the Trustees on governance, in particu...
Location: Leicester | Salary Expenses, and an honorarium of £2080 per year are payable
Ref: LF1011 | Published: 24 Jan 2017
The UNA-UK Board has recently been through an exciting strategic planning process and adopted a new strategic plan. ABOUT UNA-UK UNA-UK is the only UK charity devoted to making a case for the United Nations to British policy-makers and the public. We campaign for UK supp...
Location: London | Salary Unpaid
Ref: LF1135 | Published: 20 Mar 2017
St Wilfrid’s Hospice was established in 1982 and provides specialist palliative and end of life care to the people of Eastbourne and surrounding parts of East Sussex, a catchment area of 235,000 people. With a multidisciplinary staff team of c.180 and over 500 volunteers, we provide support for ...
Location: Eastbourne | Salary Travel and related expenses reimbursed
Ref: LF1134 | Published: 20 Mar 2017
Set up in 2010, the Margaret Carey Foundation runs bike maintenance workshops in prisons and in the community across 5 counties in England. Our 13 prison workshops across 11 prisons provide meaningful activity to approximately 125 prisoners each week, saving around 250 wheelchairs and 1,100 bike...
Location: York | Salary Out-of-pocket expenses paid
Ref: LF1012 | Published: 25 Jan 2017