|Job Title||Assistant Accountant - Religious Charity - £30-32k|
|Salary||£30k - 32k per year|
|Job Published||16 Jan 2017|
A historic faith-based organisation based in the heart of Mayfair, central London are seeking an Assistant Accountant to support the Finance Director and Senior Accountant in the day-to-day running of the finance department. There will also be some existing work around in-sourcing other areas of the accounting function from a related entity.
The role will essentially be split into 2 parts:
1) Setting up and then running the new accounting system (QuickBooks) in support of the in-sourced services for the healthcare element of the charity. This may involve occasional visits to regional hubs. Ensuring prompt recording and payment of invoices (internet banking), including dealing with supplier enquiries and from the health-care managers. Preparing management accounts, revised forecasts and budgets for the health-care service operations, which were previously outsourced.
2) Assisting the Accountant, Finance Director and Treasurer at the main charity with various accounting and other financial aspects of their work, including but not limited to the preparation of: notes and other financial information for the consolidated Accounts and for the auditors, quarterly statements, management accounts, budgets and forecasts an archiving of accounting and other material, involving the transfer of material between files to allow for storage and its recording.
- Prior experience in a similar accounting / bookkeeping role in a comparable organisation
- Some prior experience in setting up systems and processes in a finance department
- Some experience setting budgets and preparing management accounts
- Quickbooks experience desirable but not essential.
- Strong experience with ledgers, reconciliations and financial processing
Please send your CV for further consideration
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
A small, professional membership body based in prestigious offices in central London are seeking a talented Accountant / Finance Business Partner with strong experience in the implementation, development and integration of accounting and CRM systems. The role will initially be offered on a 1 yea...
A brand new opportunity has come up to work for a medium sized charity based in Clapham as a General Finance Manager. Nightingale Hammerson is a vibrant care home group which has been serving the community for over 170 years, offering a range of high quality services tailored to...