15 days ago
Volunteer role outline
Name of role:
Purpose of service:
To offer a safe space where women have time for themselves, doing something enjoyable and creative, making friends, supporting each other, reflecting on life together.
Days and times volunteer is required:
Monday mornings. 9.15am for set-up.
Session 9.45-11.30. Tidy-up 11.30-11.45, debrief at 11.45-12.
Tasks volunteer is expected to undertake as part of role:
- Set up the space and get out resources that will be required
- Set up refreshments and keep stocked up
- Support women, as part of a team, to feel comfortable in the space and group
- Help women to complete feedback forms
- Build relationships with women and encourage them to build relationships with each other
- Actively listen to women and demonstrate understanding
- Help women to learn and become confident in craft skills
- Help plan and/or run creative activities
- Liaise with Women's Wellbeing Coordinator to ensure craft resources are purchased and available during sessions
- Be involved in briefing and debrief, feeding back to staff any significant conversations or causes for concern
Tasks volunteer will not be expected to undertake:
Give advice to women
Details about the team and relationships:
Work as a team with other staff and volunteers, sharing the responsibilities of ensuring the sessions run smoothly, and feedback is collected and fed back to the Women's Wellbeing Coordinator.
Factors or values for volunteer to bear in mind:
The Springfield Project is a Christian project, and being non-judgmental and accepting of all is a key value. As women build trust with others in the group, sometimes they may start to disclose information about their circumstances. Confidentiality is of paramount importance, although safeguarding concerns must be reported.
Designated supervisor: Mina Tanna
Reporting absence: Mina Tanna, 0121 777 2722
This role is advertised as part of TPP's Free Giving Back Services. This volunteer advertisement copy has been supplied to TPP and applicants apply direct to the organisation. Please contact the organisation directly if you have any questions about this volunteer role.