West London, London
Up to £24435.24 per annum
about 1 month ago
Working from the Heathrow Immigration Removal Centre with parking on site, this is an excellent opportunity for a Wellbeing and Recovery Worker to join the psychosocial substance misuse team based at Heathrow Airport. This crucial service is managed by a dedicated drug and alcohol recovery charity who are looking for a CTC cleared (Home Office Immigration) professional to join them on a fixed term contract basis for 3 months initially.
As a Wellbeing and Recovery Worker, you will provide psychosocial assessments, develop care plans and interventions whilst working alongside clinical and psychology staff. You will plan, organise and deliver 1-2-1 and group work interventions for service users presenting drug and alcohol issues as well as complex and additional needs, ensuring effective and integrated partnership work with Central North West London (CNWL) healthcare, substance misuse, mental health and psychology as well as effective partnership working with Heathrow IRC operations, and all other partnership agencies.
- S/NVQ 3 in Care (Danos-accredited) or equivalent
- Experience of working with alcohol or substance users with/and complex needs
- Relevant experience of work in the field of substance use
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Be knowledgeable about current illicit drug issues within secure environments e.g. NPS
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word and familiar with relevant database management systems
- This post is subject to Home Office security clearance. If in the event of this clearance being withdrawn your position may be at risk. Requirement for candidate to not have worked abroad in paid of voluntary positions in the last 5 years
If you are interested in this role, please apply with your CV today. They are accepting applications on a rolling basis and so please get in touch as soon as possible if interested.
If you are looking for a new position and this is not the role for you, you can get in touch to arrange a confidential discussion on how we can help you with your next career move. TPP Recruitment specialise in the non-profit sector and cover temporary, permanent and contract roles across the UK
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.