over 2 years ago
Fancy direct and hands on experience?
ellenor provides the best care and support for families facing terminal illness in Kent and Bexley.
Our mission is to lead and coordinate the best personalised care for all ages, sharing our expertise to ensure that all families facing terminal illness get the right support in the best place possible, enabling them to make the most of the time they have.
Our volunteers carry out a vital role in our organisation, helping staff in every area of our work. Their contribution is important and valued, and we would not be able to offer the services and care to families facing terminal illness without their help and commitment.
This role will involve:
- Taking dinner and lunch orders
- Laying patient trays
- Replacing and replenishing water jugs
- Wiping down bedside tables before and after food
- Clearing dirty utensils and operating the dishwasher
- Keeping the ward kitchen area clean, tidy and replenished.
- Communicating any relevant issues with nursing staff in relation to patients and visitors.
- Serving the patients meals
- Observing patients to see if they need feeding assistance
- Co-Ordinating regular drinks rounds
A DBS disclosure is required for this role.
Needed for Tuesdays, 10am-2pm.
For more information on this opportunity and many more, please email Priya Ebenezer, Volunteer Coordinator at Priya.Ebenezer@ellenor.org or call 01474 320 007 (ext 1112).