10 months ago
Why do we need your support?
Rays of Sunshine brightens the lives of seriously and terminally ill children aged between 3 and 18 years old and their families across the UK.
Our work includes:
- Granting wishes, which can be as unique as the children themselves - from being a princess or a fireman for the day to a trip to Disneyland
- Working with children's hospitals and hospices to host activity days and grant Hospital Ward Wishes (e.g. installing play areas and sensory rooms)
- Organising large-scale outings and events including an annual concert which in 2016 was at The SSE Arena, Wembley
As a Sunshine Ambassador, you will support our fundraising team to raise awareness and vital funds by acting as our representative in your local area.
Your support will enable us to grant more magical wishes for seriously and terminally ill children across the UK.
You will be:
- Establishing relationships with local schools, community groups (for example Rotary and Inner Wheel) and businesses
- Placing collection boxes in your local shops, pubs and cafes
- Attending cheque presentations on our behalf and making short thank you speeches
- Helping us to promote our fundraising events and campaigns in your area by putting up posters in local community areas such as town halls, leisure centres and libraries. You will also post on social media to spread the work with our friends and families.
- Organising one fundraising event per year such as a bake sale or coffee morning - don't worry we'll support you the whole way!
- Keep Kirsty up to date with any potential fundraising opportunities in your local area such as local businesses looking for a new charity partner or a local event we could have a stand at.
What skills and attributes do I need?
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Self-motivated and able to use your own initiative
- Good numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Basic computer skills such as Microsoft excel, email and the internet
- Good knowledge of your local area
- Ability to speak to confidently to people about Rays of Sunshine, following a full briefing on our work from Kirsty.
What support will I be given?
- A full induction to help you understand more about our work and your role
- A welcome meeting with Kirsty, in your local area at a time and place to suit you.
- Kirsty will then be in regular contact with you, providing you with on-going support to help you to make the most of your role and ensure you have everything you need.
Where will I be based?
- Most of your work will involve being out and about representing Rays of Sunshine in your local community.
- You may need to carry out some tasks at home.
This role is perfect for you if you're looking to volunteer a minimum of 8 hours a month. This can be split to fit in within your existing commitments for example, you could volunteer for 2 hours a week or split into a full day, once month.
Ready to join Team Sunshine?
To find out more about this opportunity, please get in touch with Kirsty on 020 8782 1171 or email@example.com