£35000.00 - £38000.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
TPP are excited to be working with a community based charity. They are recruiting for a Volunteers and Training and Development Manager.
This role requires someone that is ambitious, entrepreneurial and has a passion for working within a community.
The purpose of this role:
* Recruit, train and manage volunteers in line with the strategy, to support the main services including Advice Line (AL), HUB services (including the Drop-In), casework and Admin/Reception
* Management responsibility for the volunteer-led HUB and support the deployment of volunteers to support organisational priorities
* Develop training and development opportunities for Cal staff/volunteers and network of wider voluntary and public sector partners across the borough.
This role would be responsible for recruiting volunteers, staff/volunteer training and development, and co-ordinating outreach.
You would ensure that services are supported by target numbers of trained volunteers and provide training across the partnership to support service standards. You will also work as part of the Senior Management Team and lead the Volunteers Team.
Some of the responsibilities would be:
* Develop the volunteer recruitment and training strategy in line with agreed objectives
* Manage a small team to ensure volunteer recruitment, training and supervision are well executed
* Identify recognition and reward programmes for volunteers
* Deliver training, learning and assessment for volunteers
* Promote volunteer opportunities, using the most appropriate channels to target identified groups
* Ensure the effective performance management of volunteers through regular supervision sessions and the appraisal process
* Oversee the delivery of volunteer-led services from the HUB including the Drop-In
* Work within agreed budgets and provide reports and regular performance reviews as requested
* Liaise with Advice Services Team to ensure that relevant resources and information are available
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
* Proven ability in managing volunteering issues and a commitment to the value of volunteering
* Ability to support volunteers and maintain motivation
* Ability to deliver training modules, combined with an understanding of adult learning techniques/theories
* Ability to contribute to planning and implementation of training programmes
* Knowledge of outreach methods and partnership working
* Ability to line manage staff and improve job performance
* Ability to commit to and work within the aims, principles and policies of the Citizens Advice service
* A good, up to date understanding of equality and diversity and its application to the provision of advice, and the supervision and development of staff
* Proven ability to give and receive feedback objectively and sensitively and a willingness to challenge constructively
* Ability to monitor and maintain own standards
* Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, particularly in an education and development setting
* Understanding of the issues affecting society and their implications for clients and service provision
* Ability to demonstrate a flexible approach and willingness to work as part of a team
Skills in training and development are especially helpful along with experience of volunteer management.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity please get in touch ASAP.