almost 3 years ago
Evolve Housing are looking for 120 local volunteers to help tackle chronic rough sleeping in Croydon by 2020. The campaign is focused on involving as much of the wider community as possible to find solutions. There are two parts of the campaign.
In the first part, local volunteers will be supported to go out onto the streets and get to know every homeless person by name, during a ‘connections week’ starting Tuesday 30 August 2016. We will gather information on who’s sleeping on our streets and what they need to successfully move into accommodation. This will culminate in a public presentation of the information on Croydon’s chronic rough sleepers in central Croydon on 3 September.
During the second part of the campaign, after we know who’s out there, we need to work together to find solutions for each and every person. Ensuring homeless people are housed in permanent, safe, appropriate and affordable housing with the support necessary to sustain it, provides many challenges,
Here is the link to the details of the campaign:
We need a wide cross-section of people to get involved, both during and after Connections Week, to help us with those solutions in the long-term.
We need volunteers to help with the following:
- Gathering information during Connections Week at various locations (5am-9am Tuesday 30 August, Wednesday 31 August, Thursday 1 September 2016)
- Data entry (10am-1pm Tuesday 30 August, Wednesday 31 August, Thursday 1 September 2016)
- Running the hub (10am-1pm Tuesday 30 August, Wednesday 31 August, Thursday 1 September 2016)
- Corporate sponsorship
- Helping with the launch event (on the morning of Saturday 3 September)
- Raising awareness about the campaign
- Being part of a solutions-based group
- Gifts in kind
Volunteers can sign up via our website, here http://www.evolvehousing.org.uk/get-involved/volunteer-opportunities