over 2 years ago
The Vision of The Charity for Civil Servants is a lifelong community; people offering effective support for each other when life takes a turn for the worse.
Our Mission is to support all civil servants, past and present, throughout their lives, with whatever problems they may have.
Our Values are to be Helpful, Understanding, Progressive, Collaborative and Confidential, lived out in all we do.
The Volunteer Support Team manages our network of volunteers across the country. We look after the strategic direction and implementation of volunteering for the charity and we need someone who is fast-paced and willing to muck in to help the Volunteer team with a few tasks along the way.
What will I be doing?
- Administratively assisting with the recruitment of new volunteers
- Helping to send out materials to volunteers and our engagement or events
- Making sure the information on our database is correct and updates are entered and efficiently
- Following up with volunteers with tasks and queries
- Working with our Events Coordinator to ensure all event requests are fulfilled in a timely fashion
- Supporting the rest of their team with ongoing and upcoming projects including our upcoming annual Volunteer Award Ceremony
Will the role suit me?
YES, if you...
- Have great attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially on the telephone
- Have good experience Microsoft Office skills - specifically Outlook, Word and Excel (essential)
- Have previous experience of working on a database (preferred)
- Enjoy the flexibility of a variety of tasks
- Enjoy working in a team but also are able to work independently when needed
- Are available for two days a week
What will I get out of it?
- Full training and ongoing support
- Experience of navigating a bespoke database
- A full induction to the Charity and all our services,
- Ongoing support and supervision from the Volunteer Support Team.
- Experience of working in a busy office
- The enjoyment of meeting new people and being part of a successful team.
- All expenses reimbursed as appropriate
How do I apply?
For more information or to apply, please contact our Volunteer Support Team at: email@example.com or 020 8240 2441/2403.
Our postal address is:
The Charity for Civil Servants
5 Anne Boleyn's Walk
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.