4 months ago
Yes Futures empowers young people to believe in themselves and discover their personal potential. Our vision is a future where all young people are confident, resilient and lead fulfilling lives.
We are looking for passionate and dedicated individuals to be an integral part of the Yes Futures programmes as a One-to-One Coach from September 2021 to March 2022.
As a One-to-One Coach, you will work online with students who attend secondary schools across London, East Anglia and the South, empowering them to believe in themselves. This is a remote coaching role, allowing you to volunteer with us from anywhere in the UK.
A One-to-One Coach is responsible for:
- Supporting your allocated students to identify their personal strengths and set goals through a series of four online coaching sessions.
- Attending the pre-session briefings and post-session debriefs with your Programme Manager (on the same day as coaching sessions).
- Attending the Welcome Session online workshop to meet students (approx. 1 hour).
- Communicating with your Programme Manager throughout the programme regarding student engagement and progress, including writing brief session records for each student.
- Engaging with Yes Futures' evaluation procedures, including writing end of programme notes on students and sharing your feedback of your experience in the Coach Survey.
You will also have the option to:
- Attend the Into the Wild residential (highly recommended).
- Attend Play Your Part and World of Work day trips.
- Be involved in Yes Futures social media and blog writing.
- Attend social events to meet other Yes Futures Coaches.
What does it take to be a volunteer?
Coaching experience is not necessary as full training is provided, but commitment and enthusiasm are essential. If you have a proactive attitude and feel excited and committed to Yes Futures' vision of helping young people become confident, resilient and lead fulfilling lives, then we want to hear from you!
You will gain:
- Coaching skills
- Transferable skills
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the lives of young people
- A supportive and friendly network
- Leadership skills
- Behaviour management experience
- Group facilitation
- Youth engagement
Our award-winning programme provides Yes Futures Coaches with full training, DBS checks and ongoing support, enabling you to thrive and develop your coaching skills in a collaborative environment. This is a unique opportunity to develop your skills and gain vital coaching experience at no cost to you.
Commitment: You will be required to volunteer for at least 8 school days from September 2021 to March 2022.
How to apply
TPP Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.