Reasonable travel expenses met
almost 4 years ago
Location: Across the UK
Time commitment: On average one day per month.
In the interests of regularity and as we build sustainability, we hope our Youth Activity Leader volunteers can commit to volunteering with us for at least 12 months
Responsible to: Volunteer and Leadership Co-ordinator
In the UK today, too many disabled children lack the equipment and opportunities they need to live life to the full and reach their true potential. Whizz-Kidz sets them free by providing the right mobility equipment and skills to build their self-esteem, confidence and aspiration. By joining in and volunteering, you can help transform children’s lives.
Lead – or co-lead activities and workshops to young wheelchair users aged 8-25. You might do this independently or alongside one of our staff members depending on your experience, ability and interests. Services include Ambassador Clubs, Camp Whizz-Kidz, Wheelchair Skills Training and Work Skills Days. Role may include:
• Planning and delivering fun and empowering sessions and activities
• Ensuring all young people are engaged and safe
• Organising and evaluating events
What's in it for me?
• Help to transform the lives of young disabled people
• Gain experience in delivering youth programmes with support from staff
• Learn new transferable skills & improve your CV
• Meet new people
• Add value to your local community
• Be active and engaged
Skills we are looking for:
• Qualification &/or experience in working with young people
• Experience in – or aptitude for – leading a youth club or training young people
• Able to inspire and motivate young people
• Able to develop young people to reach their potential
• Mentoring and coaching skills
• Organisation and Planning Skills
• Training skills
Training and Support:
• Volunteer induction and training days
• Support from Volunteer and Leadership Co-ordinator
• Access to Whizz-Kidz Online Learning Centre with 180 courses which includes a Whizz-Kidz induction and safeguarding course.
An enhanced DBS check will be processed for all volunteers.
Reasonable travel expenses will be met.
For more information or to apply for the role, please visit http://www.whizz-kidz.org.uk/support-us/volunteering/youth-activity-leader or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.