13 days ago
Hours: minimum 4 hours per week
Volunteering commitment: 3 - 6 months
Introduction to ConnectionHub
ConnectionHub is a UK-registered charity offering blended learning programmes to refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece. Currently, the lack of educational opportunities leaves refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece exposed to a future of social exclusion, precarious employment, exploitation, and poverty.
ConnectionHub's mission is to provide education and integration opportunities via blended learning pathways to people in crisis and conflict contexts, in order to reduce this human suffering and exploitation. Blended learning, which utilises both online and offline educational material and support, is proven to better facilitate student's learning journey; with this approach we hope to give refugees and asylum seekers the chance to develop new skills that will build their capacities as individuals, help them bridge the literacy gap, and support them to change the trajectory of their lives by creating job opportunities and economic empowerment. ConnectionHub's programmes are accessible to displaced people regardless of legal status, gender, age, or ethnic identity.
We are looking for motivated, creative, and autonomous writers to join us on the Marketing, Fundraising and Operations team at ConnectionHub. You will need to be independent minded and work well in a team. This is an exciting opportunity to join our charity and help build ConnectionHub's online presence and increase engagement. You should be ambitious and excited by the prospect of telling our story, and eager to share ideas about the best ways in which to do this. The 4 roles available are: Feature Writer, Blogger, Social Media Content Creator and Campaign Copywriter.
- Planning, writing and publishing engaging and considerate regular content for our blog, social media, campaigns and features.
- Perform research for blog posts, articles, guides and other content.
- Work with the team to analyze content performance metrics, to improve existing content and develop better content ideas for the future.
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic.
- Pitch articles to third-party websites for publication and guest post on partner websites.
- Work to outline expectations and requirements established in the project
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone).
- Bachelor's degree in English, Creative Writing, Journalism or related field.
- Proven work experience as a writer in writing for charity, non profit or related experience.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to research and learn about a wide range of topics.
- Excellent written skills and ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, while maintaining attention to detail.
- Able to commit to a weekly Zoom meeting.
- Excellent IT skills (proficient in Microsoft packages) and design packages (desirable).
How to apply
To apply: please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form to be completed and sent by email alongside a covering letter, detailing your interest in the role, your relevant experience and evidence of how you meet our criteria.
Due to the high level of applications we are currently receiving we will only contact you if you are successful.