almost 3 years ago
Noah's Ark Children's Hospice is a community based hospice service providing support for children and young people with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions and their families in the North London boroughs of Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Haringey and Islington.
Noah’s Ark opened its first charity shop in November 2011 on Barnet High Street and we have since opened a further two shops – one in Borehamwood and one on Finchley Road (NW3). Our charity shops are essential for raising funds which can be used to support Noah’s Ark’s families. Warehouse Assistants play an essential part in the sorting and organising of stock ready for sale at our charity shops.
Opportunities of the role:
- Develop customer service skills
- Working as part of a team
- Gain experience of the retail sector
- Sorting through the stock donations, ensuring the items that are appropriate for resale
are boxed and put in the appropriate areas ready for delivery to the shops
- Sorting items for recycling if they cannot be sold through the shops
- Steaming clothes
- Responsible for the general upkeep of the warehouse ensuring it is kept tidy and organised
- The ability to get on with people and work with the team – both with staff and volunteers
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Retail experience desirable, but not essential
- Willingness to participate in the relevant training and information update sessions
- An element of the role will involve lifting and moving items
- A commitment to the role, good timekeeping and reliability – ensuring reasonable notice is given if unable to attend allocated shift, training or update session
- Keen to get stuck into a project and not afraid to get your hands dirty!
Availability & Location:
The address and opening hours of our warehouse:
Monday - Friday
We ask volunteers to give a regular commitment of a minimum of 4 hours a week on a consistent basis, but we also need volunteers who can give more than this. We would ideally like a volunteer to commit to supporting us in this role for a minimum of 6 months, but this can be flexible.
At Noah’s Ark we value volunteer support but we are also aware that not all roles are suitable for everyone. The selection process is in place to ensure that the Noah’s Ark staff get to know more about the individual, to ensure that you are given the correct training for the role and so you can also find out if this is a role you would like to undertake. The training process is:
- Attend a Volunteer Induction (all potential volunteers have to attend one of these sessions before they are able to get involved in any capacity)
- Attend an informal interview (if successful at this stage a first shift will be arranged)
- 1:1 Training Session on first visit to warehouse
Minimum Age: 16 years
If you would like more information or to apply for the role, please email Annette Higgs at email@example.com