over 2 years ago
Want to gain real skills working in a digital environment?
We are looking for volunteers to join our new Digital Advice team based at Citizens Advice Shoreham in the Shoreham Centre. This is a wonderful opportunity to gain practical skills in our online world. Our Telephone & Digital (webchat & email) Advisers help our clients to get the right help for the problems they face. They assess people’s needs and identify the most appropriate course of action.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- assess the client’s issues using listening and questioning skills across the different mediums of telephone, web chat & email
- signpost and give information to clients appropriately to suit their needs, taking into account the client’s ability to take the next steps themselves and the complexity of the problem
- Identify, interpret and communicate relevant information exploring options and implications in order that the client can come to a decision.
- recording information and client details, ensuring that work conforms to Quality of Advice standards.
- assist with campaigning work by identifying where things have gone wrong and how we can help to challenge and change this
Personal Skills and Qualities
Specific qualifications or experience are not required to train for the role, however you should:
- have a confident telephone manner, good IT skills & a willingness to learn
- be open minded and non-judgmental
- be good at listening & enjoy helping people
- have an understanding of and commitment to, confidentiality.
You will be working as part of a team of committed people, supported by a Supervisor. We provide full training and ask you to be pro-active when elements of this are self-learning. We ask our Advisers to volunteer for 1 day a week, this can be split. Travel expenses are paid. We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and welcome all applications from people with all range of abilities for the skills that they bring.
If you are interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Alternatively you can apply via our website: www.cassca.org.uk
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.