10 months ago
Job title: Volunteer Student Support Assistant
Responsible to: The Leighton Education Teaching and Learning staff Project Manager
Location: ERC offices in Kentish Town
Job purpose: To provide learning support for students aged 16-25 with mild to moderate learning difficulties and/or disabilities
- To provide support according to needs on a one-to-one or small group basis in the classroom or with other planned activities.
- To support learners in achieving targets set in their individual learning programmes.
- To assist the teachers to recognise and support emotional, cultural and pastoral needs of learners.
- To accompany learners to off-site activities facilitating travel and maximize wider opportunities for learners and learning.
- To supervise students during lunch and break times, and beginning and end of the day.
- To assist tutors in maintaining up to date records, student profiles, learning aims and outcomes.
- To assist tutors with monitoring and tracing of students' progress by taking part in the assessment and recording of data including progress of students on placement.
- To follow all other Elfrida Rathbone Camden policies and procedures including those relating to respect to Confidentiality, Equality and Diversity, and Health & Safety.
- To identify and report any safeguarding concerns, and in all work to follow ERC's Child Protection and Vulnerable Adult policies.
- To carry out other duties as appropriate and required.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Skills to carry out tasks required (see job description).
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to engage with and support service users.
- Relevant experience.
We require 2 references and an enhanced DBS check for each volunteer.
To apply for the role, please visit http://www.elfridacamden.org.uk/work-with-us/volunteering-for-erc/