5 months ago
Why do we need your support?
Rays of Sunshine brightens the lives of seriously and terminally ill children aged between 3 and 18 years old and their families across the UK.
Our work includes:
- Granting wishes, which can be as unique as the children themselves - from being a princess or a fireman for the day to a trip to Disneyland
- Working with children's hospitals and hospices to host activity days and grant Hospital Ward Wishes (e.g. installing play areas and sensory rooms)
- Organising large-scale outings and events including an annual concert which in 2016 was at The SSE Arena, Wembley
As a Sunshine Student Ambassador, you will support our fundraising team to raise awareness and vital funds for Rays of Sunshine by acting as our representative at your university and the surrounding area.
Your support will enable us to grant more magical wishes for seriously and terminally ill children across the UK.
You will be:
- Putting Rays of Sunshine forward as a charity for your university RAG to support
- Engaging with and encouraging societies at your university to fundraise for us
- Placing collection boxes in your local shops, pubs and cafes
- Attending local events and cheque presentations on our behalf and making small short thank you speeches.
- Helping us to promote our fundraising events and campaigns at your university by putting up posters on noticeboards and posting and sharing on social media
- Organising one fundraising event a year such as a bake sale or pub quiz - don't worry we'll help you every step of the way!
- Keep Kirsty up to date with any potential fundraising opportunities at your university and in the wider area such as if your RAG or a local business is looking for a new charity to support
What skills and attributes do I need?
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Self-motivated and able to use your own initiative
- Good numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Ability to speak confidently to people about our work, after a full briefing from Kirsty.
What support will I be given?
- A welcome meeting with Kirsty to help you understand more about our work and your role
- Kirsty will then be in regular contact with you, providing you with on-going support to help you to make the most of your role
Where will I be based?
- Most of your work will involve being out and about representing Rays of Sunshine on and around your university campus
- You may need to carry out some tasks at home.
- You'll easily be able to fit this role around your lectures, coursework and revision commitments.
What will I gain?
- Excellent experience to boost your CV
- We will provide you with a reference for future employers
- Getting into the charity sector advice
This is perfect for you if you're looking to give back, gain experience and manage your university commitments - both the fun and academic!
Be becoming a Student Engagement Ambassador you'll make a real difference to seriously ill children across the UK and gain good examples you can use when you're starting to interview for your first job after graduation. We'll even give you a reference.
Ready to join Team Sunshine?
To find out more about this opportunity, please get in touch with Kirsty on 020 8782 1171 or firstname.lastname@example.org