over 1 year ago
Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust is the only UK charity dedicated to women affected by cervical cancer and cervical abnormalities.
We are looking for volunteers to help at this year’s Steps for Jo’s 5k or 10k sponsored walk or run at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park on Saturday 10th June 2017.
Steps for Jo’s is Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust’s annual 5k or 10k sponsored walk or run which takes place in June at the start Cervical Screening Awareness Week (CSAW). It is a great way to get people together to increase the national profile of cervical cancer and raise vital funds, but just as importantly to celebrate life and to remember all those who have lost their battle with cervical cancer.
What is the role of a Steps Steward?
Steps Stewards will support the Event Manager with the following tasks:
- Welcome and register participants
- Cover fixed marshalling points to guide and direct participants around the course
- Encourage and cheer on our participants
- Present medals and goody bags following the event
- Help clear the course after the event
- You may be asked to help with other tasks in addition to those listed above, however, these will be discussed with you to ensure that you are happy with the tasks involved
- You can also volunteer for event preparation at our office in Old Street before the event.
As a Steps Steward you will get:
- An opportunity to support the only UK charity dedicated to those affected by cervical cancer and cervical abnormalities
- A fun day out meeting our team and supporters
- Event experience with a national charity
- You will receive a t-shirt, goody bag, light refreshments and a certificate for volunteering
- Commitment and enthusiasm for supporting Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- An ability to remain flexible to the needs of the event
- To be willing to work as part of a team
- You must be able to arrange your own travel to the event.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email email@example.com and reference the position in the subject line.
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.