over 2 years ago
Haringey Stars (trading as Ingenium) work with young people aged 13-24 in North London to develop the young person's confidence, communicational and social and business skills through music. Our target participants are young people who are Not in Employment, Education nor Training (NEET) or are at risk of becoming NEET. The organisation uses the young people's interest in music to engage them and develop their talents and abilities such that they can translate their gifts into becoming employable and succeeding in life. We offer an eclectic range of skills that are pertinent to social and personal development which are sought by employers. We run music projects integrated with personal and business training throughout the year resulting in the young people delivering performances at key community venues.
This role will focus mainly on working towards the success of the upcoming project 'Beyond Music'': This is a music project integrated with events management working with 15 creative young people over 10 weeks commencing in October 2018
Hence the Social Media Executive will:
- Raise Ingenium's profile by engaging the community of North London via social media channels
- Market and promote the workshops to the young people
- Market and promote the showcase to the public
- Cover the progress of the project involving interviewing all the stake holders including the young people building momentum to the showcase.
- Write stories or short articles that you will post in social media channels.
Skills and knowledge required for the role include:
- Knowledge and competent use of social media tools
- Knowledge of word press
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication and writing skills
- Editing and proof reading.
This is a home-based role though occasionally the person may come to our workshop sessions or events to gather stories. The person must have access to computer and internet.
To apply for this role, please submit a CV or a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. To find out more information about the role contact John Zavuga on 07957 721 679.