7 months ago
Role: Lepra Social Media Champion
Location: Home based
Requirement: As and when possible
Role supervisor: Marketing and Communications Manager
Are you passionate about making a real difference? Do you have time to volunteer and help our Communications team? Through volunteering you will gain experience of working in an office environment, and participating in the digital marketing processes of an international charity.
Lepra is a UK-based international charity working to beat leprosy, a disease that still affects millions of vulnerable people across the world.
If left untreated leprosy causes life-changing disabilities and stigma that destroys lives. But it is curable and with more support we can help more people to overcome this disease and rebuild their lives.
Last year (2016 - 2017) we reached over 250,000 people directly through diagnosis, treatment and care. We reached a further 1.3 million people through health education and events to raise awareness of disease.
Purpose of the Role
This volunteer role helps to increase the reach of Lepra's social media messages. By simply sharing, retweeting or commenting on our posts you can spread our messages further, helping to raise our profile. The volunteer can pick and choose which posts to share and via which platforms. We ask that you post or share at least once a month.
- Sharing content from Lepra to personal networks (retweeting, sharing posts, commenting on posts)
- Notifying Lepra of any typos or broken links spotted in posts
Skills and Competencies
- Social media experience
- Experience of using the internet
- Professional approach to work
- Ability to think creatively and flexibly to make the most appropriate use of content
- An interest in International development
What we can offer you as a volunteer
- You will be directly contributing to Lepra's work and its fight to beat Leprosy
- The opportunity to develop social media skills
- A supportive environment
- References provided for future employers
- Reasonable travel costs can be reimbursed
How to apply
Please visit https://www.lepra.org.uk/volunteer to download and complete the volunteer application form and return it to Sara-Jane Smith our Human Resources Manager:
T. +44 (0) 1206 216705