8 months ago
Position Title: Volunteer Senior Website Developer
Length of Term: 12 Months (option for renewal)
Reports To: Board of Directors
Duty Station: London currently remote
Deadline: 15th February 2021 (Applications considered on submission)
WYKEI is a new UK based Not-for-Profit aiming to empower Women, Youth & Kids (WYKs) through human rights, gender equality & conflict transformation education, research & entrepreneurship in the UK & Jerusalem. We aim to work with all WYKs starting with the most vulnerable first and those in a post-conflict/conflict setting where these initiatives are a priority to create a future sustainable peace & work towards sustainable development.
We are currently seeking an experienced and highly skilled Website/Software Developer to help choose a suitable eco-friendly hosting provider and develop our online virtual learning platform, research portal, staff portal, entrepreneurship section, donations section. You will build and maintain our online campus to run smoothly on different devices and networks and improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces. You have a strong knowledge of programming languages and experience working with Word-press and configuring plugins. You will secure the website, manage it as required and maintain it. In addition to any other requirements as directed by the board.
- Understand and promote the organisation's mission
- Review agenda and supporting documents prior to meetings
- Work with hosting providers as required to develop the website
- Collaborate with required external providers to determine the scope and expectations of the project
- Integrate software components and third-party programs to meet specifications.
- Gather and evaluate user feedback and make adjustments as necessary
- Ensure encryption of data and security of information of the website and its usage
- Strictly adhere to conflicts of interest policies
- Be familiar with the organisation's programs, policies, and operations
- Ensure proper documentation of requirements for website development
- Analysing information to recommend and plan the installation of new systems
- Produce clean, efficient code based on WYKEI's needs
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade software and plugins
- Preparing reports on product specifications, activities, or status
- Adhere to any other requirements for developing, maintaining and managing the website as required
- Strictly adhere to confidentiality policies
Induction & Support
Once appointed, Volunteers will be given an induction which will involve getting to know the organisation & becoming familiar with the role of Volunteers including introducing you to the team. Volunteers have an informal annual appraisal through which additional development & support can be agreed. Initial training in Human Rights will be provided and other required training will be organised to empower the Volunteers with the knowledge about their rights and progress in their careers. We are committed to making the role of Volunteers a positive & mutually beneficial experience.
How to apply
For full details, person specification and how to apply, please follow this link: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:e1ff35cc-7a4b-460a-8a36-1d2f6742e0a7