about 3 years ago
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to guide the RNLI runners from the finish line to their well-deserved post-race reception at St Ermin’s Hotel, where they’ll be treated to a warm welcome, a buffet, a shower and a sports massage. After 26.2 gruelling miles, they deserve it. Plus, you’ll get to meet and chat to some incredible people, all with amazing stories about why they’re running for the RNLI.
No prior knowledge or experience of the RNLI is needed - you could be friends or family of one of the runners, an RNLI supporter or just want to join us for the experience.
Date: 24 April 2016
Shift times: We'd love you there for as long as you can spare between 11.30am and 5pm.
Location(s): Horse Guards Parade and St Ermin's Hotel
If you are under 18 years of age you will need to complete a consent form before you arrive on the day - this will be provided for you once your role has been confirmed.
What will you do?
Horse Guards Parade posting:
- Greet the RNLI runners as they finish the marathon.
- Some stewards to escort the runners and the runners’ friends and family to post-race venue.
- Some stewards to remain at the finish meeting point to greet further finishing runners.
St Ermin’s Hotel posting:
- Greet the runners and their families and friends.
- General assistance with the guests.
Perks of the role:
- Keep yourself refreshed with bottled water and sweet treats.
- Kit yourself out with cheer gear.
- Help yourself to a bag of RNLI goodies - including an RNLI vest top and Respect the Water pint glass.
- Meet, chat with and get to know all of the fantastic people involved – from the runners and their families to the RNLI staff at the event
This is an opportunity to include volunteer experience on your CV, meet new people and support the RNLI Running Crew.
For more information or to apply for the role, please visit https://volunteering.rnli.org/vacancy/volunteer-rnli-runners-stewards-london-marathon-2016-256586.html