about 1 year ago
Healthwatch Wandsworth represents the views of patients, service users and carers with local commissioners and providers of health and social care services. Healthwatch is operated by Wandsworth Care Alliance (WCA) a local charity and is a member-led organisation.
To support the Healthwatch Team deliver robust, valid and reliable research reports and to ensure that strong evidence and research influences the organisation's priorities and actions.
Excellent organisational, research, analytical and problem-solving skills; strong communication, both in person and in writing; accustomed to dealing with confidential/ sensitive issues and documents.
Ability to analyse and interpret a wide range of information from our research projects and different research methodologies; self-motivated with a flexible approach; ability to work within a team but able to work on own initiative when required.
Ability to carry out research using a variety of techniques to maximise returns; competent in use of Microsoft Office; to undertake appropriate learning and development as identified through supervision and the changing nature of reports required.
Ongoing, but a minimum of 3 months commitment, 3-7 hours per week.
- Observe the Volunteers' Code of Conduct;
- Assist in producing both written and oral reports and briefs for Healthwatch, based on research or analysis, explaining complex ideas and findings in a way that can be easily understood;
- To assist in designing and producing research tools, e.g. questionnaires, as necessary;
- To assist in processing and analysing date;
- Keep up to date with developments in policy for health and social care issues;
- To attend and contribute to work plan meetings as requested.
Please note that this is an unpaid position. We are looking for a volunteer who is available 3-7 hours per week. Although this position is unpaid, we offer excellent references upon the successful completion of your assignment. Please visit www.healthwatchwandsworth.co.uk for more information.
What will you get from volunteering with Healthwatch Wandsworth?
- The opportunity to acquire new skills, refine old ones and increase your confidence;
- You will be able to update your CV and use your experience with Healthwatch to seek work in health and social care or other fields of employment;
- The opportunity to help Healthwatch Wandsworth make a difference in the community;
- Reasonable travel and out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with the Healthwatch Expenses Policy.
- Induction and support from a supervisor;
- Supervision will be proportionate to the volunteers' time commitment, minimum of monthly for the first three months;
- All supervision will be recorded; a formal supervision session will be held annually with the supervisor.
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, or call Delia Fitzsimmons on 020 8516 7766.
We look forward to hearing from you!