West Midlands, England
over 1 year ago
Responsible to: Chair of the Regional Advisory Group
Hours of work: A minimum of 8 per month
Duration: For a fixed period 1st April 2020 to 31st March 2021
Location: Home based, in the Together 4 Children region
Salary: Voluntary role, plus travel expenses
Together 4 Children are a regional partnership made up of Stoke on Trent, Shropshire, Stafford, Telford and Wrekin. Adoption UK are working with them to ensure that as the partnership grows the experience of adopters is gathered to improve practice and services. Together 4 Children have commissioned Adopter Voice services to independently create opportunities for you to get involved. To do this we are recruiting adopters to form a Regional Advisory Group who will network and Champion adopters from across the whole region who can collate your views and share them with Together 4 Children leaders and wider staff.
If you have leadership skills, ability to network, can collate and summarise views, enjoys debate and discussion then this might be the perfect volunteer role for you.
Main purpose of the role
- To collate views and feedback from networks of adopters across (typically) a Local Authority area, within a Regional Adoption Agency
- To attend 6 meetings of the Regional Advisory Group to represent adopters, discuss, debate and recommend actions based on a specified topic to inform and improve practice based on the lived experience of adopters
- To take part and represent Adopter Voice where able in RAA activities to promote inclusion and develop engagement, for example, forums, fun days, preparation groups, Family Rambles, coffee mornings, support groups
- Each Champion submits a brief summary report, stating the most prevalent views of adopters collated and represent them at the RAB meetings for consideration and to be built into the final report from the Chair.
- Where additional Networking Champions join Adopter Voice for the RAA existing Champions need to provide a channel of communication and agree this method via the RAB.
For further information and to access the role description and application from please visit our website https://www.adoptionuk.org/jobs
If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact Anita Hart on 07824 449 309 or email@example.com