about 3 years ago
Noah's Ark Children's Hospice is a community based hospice service providing support for children and young people with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions and their families in the North London boroughs of Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Haringey and Islington.
Purpose of role:
It is important to us at Noah’s Ark that we convey a professional impression to our visitors and our receptionists are often the first point of contact.
Opportunities of the role:
- Gain experience working in an office environment
- Develop organisational skills and time management
- Build social skills through a variety of interactions
Examples of support needed include:
- Heading the reception desk to be the first point of contact for visitors
- Answering the phone and transferring the caller to relevant departments
- Taking deliveries of goods & recording them in the deliveries record book
- Filing and general office administration
- Help with mail outs
- Counting money
- Inputting information on to our database
- Computer/internet skills necessary for most administration roles
- Friendly, enthusiastic with good communication skills
- Previous experience of working within an office environment is preferable
- A commitment to abiding by all data protection and confidentiality policies within Noah’s Ark
The office is open Monday – Friday, 9.30am – 5.30pm. We would ask for a minimum of 1 shift per week, which could either be a morning shift (10.00am – 1pm) or an afternoon shift (1pm – 4pm). These times can be flexible depending on your availability and our requirements. We would ideally like a volunteer to commit to supporting us in this role for a minimum of 6 months, but this can be flexible.
Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice – Main Office
3 Beauchamp Court
We have a rota for Receptionist Volunteers which may currently be full, but please ask for current role availability.
At Noah’s Ark we value volunteer support, but we are also aware that not all roles are suitable for everyone. The interview and training process is in place to ensure that the Noah’s Ark staff get to know more about you, to ensure that you are given the correct training for the role and so that you can find out if this is a role you would like to undertake. The training process is as follows:
- Attend a Volunteer Induction (all potential volunteers have to attend one of these sessions before they are able to get involved in any capacity)
- Attend an informal interview (If it is felt that this is a suitable role, a first shift will be arranged)
- Relevant training will be given during first shift
Minimum Age: 16 years
If you would like more information or to apply for the role, please email Annette Higgs at email@example.com