about 2 years ago
Alabare are a charity that supports vulnerable, homeless and marginalised people. We help them transform their lives, providing accommodation and helping them gain the skills, confidence and opportunities to live a fulfilled life.
Volunteer role description:
Role Title: Volunteer Reception Support
Line Manager: HR Manager
Where: Riverside House, Churchfields, Salisbury
How often: Afternoons 1pm – 3pm
How long: Once/Twice a Week
Why we need your help:
This position calls for someone who likes to meet and greet people. We are looking for someone to welcome visitors to our building. Answer the telephone and re-direct the calls to the correct department. If you are willing to learn other office tasks, we will be happy to train you. This is an opportunity to gain work experience or simply to give us a helping hand by helping us to help others.
What we need you to do:
- Answer the door to visitors.
- Maintain the signing in and out book.
- Answer the telephone.
What you can bring to the role:
- A warm welcome for our clients and visitors
- Good organisational skills.
- Self motivation.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Good people skills and experience in, or willingness to learn office work.
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to gain skills and experience within a supportive and professional team.
- To become part of the Alabaré volunteer family.
- Regular support from your Team Leader.
- Valuable experience in developing your people skills.
What we ask of you:
- To be able to provide a non judgemental approach and to ensure boundaries are maintained.
- To follow Alabaré policies and procedures.
To apply for the role, please send your CV to email@example.com