about 2 years ago
Join the Post Race team
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to support the RNLI runners from the finish line to their well-deserved post-race reception at Harris Westminster Sixth Form, where they’ll be treated to a warm welcome, a buffet, a shower and a sports massage. After 26.2 gruelling miles, they deserve it. Plus, you’ll get to meet and chat to some incredible people, all with amazing stories about why they’re running for the RNLI. No prior knowledge or experience of the RNLI is needed - you could be friends or family of one of the runners, an RNLI supporter or just want to join us for the experience.
You will be positioned at either at Harris Westminster Sixth Form, at the Marathon Runners meeting point on Horse Guards Road or along the route between them.
Approximately 12.30pm – 6.15pm on 23 April 2017
- Greeting the RNLI runners as they finish the marathon.
- Some stewards will guide the runners and the runners’ friends and family to post-race venue.
- Greeting runners and their families and friends at the Post Race Reception.
- General assistance supporting all guests.
Perks of the role
- Light refreshments provided
- Help yourself to a bag of RNLI goodies - including an RNLI top
- Meet, chat with and get to know all of the fantastic people involved – from the runners and their families to the RNLI staff at the event
- This is an opportunity to include volunteer experience on your CV, meet new people and support the RNLI Running Crew.
If you are under 18 years of age you will be sent a consent form to complete and return before the day.
To register your interest, please visit https://volunteering.rnli.org/vacancy/volunteer-post-race-host-london-marathon-306546.html
Deadline for sign ups: Please apply by 10 April 2017
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.