about 2 years ago
JDRF fund research to cure, treat and prevent type 1. We work with government, academia and industry to accelerate research in the UK and within healthcare policy to ensure that the outcomes of research are delivered to people with type 1 in the UK. And we give support and a voice to people with type 1 and their families. Join us in creating a world without type 1 diabetes.
What will I be doing? You will be supporting JDRF’s Philanthropic Partnerships team by offering administrative support. The Philanthropic Partnerships team is responsible for the significant gifts we receive from individual supporters.
Suggested activities include:
- Assisting day-to-day department administrative tasks
- Updating database and higher level givers records
- Creating information resources, e.g. Patron Pack
- Assisting with organising our Patron Reception evening event
- Administration and support for celebrities and high profile personalities
How will this benefit JDRF? Your support will help to raise significant funds from our higher level givers and raise the profile of JDRF. As a result, you will directly help to improve the lives of people living with type 1 and our mission to treat, prevent and cure type 1 diabetes.
How will this benefit me? This role provides a unique and sought after opportunity to work within the charity sector in the area of philanthropy. It will give you the chance to:
- Develop new, or utilise existing, skills in Major Partnerships and philanthropy
- Gain valuable insight and experience in philanthropy in the third sector
- Increase knowledge of administrative processes
- Space to develop the role
- Depending on both sides being happy with it, an opportunity to represent JDRF at our Patron event under the guidance of the philanthropy manager.
When do you need me? 1- 2 days a week, from end of November onwards.
Where is this role based? JDRF Head Office in Islington, London.
What training will I receive? You’ll receive full training in Philanthropic Partner Fundraising from your Staff Partner, who has 18 years’ experience, as well as Event Management training with full support from the team. You’ll also receive an introductory tutorial to our database, Donorflex.
What are my goals? Update and maintain our database and Philanthropic Partner records, Support the philanthropy manager, Create Patron Packs, Assist with event management
What skills and attributes do I need?
- Previous experience of databases
- IT skills (Word and Excel)
- Methodical, organised and accurate attention to detail
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Confident writing skills
- Willing to sign confidentiality agreement to cover the confidential database and records you’ll come into contact with
What support is available to me? You will have a Staff Partner based in the office who will lead your training and provide ongoing support. You’ll have regular check-ins with them about your role and the Volunteer Team will also be available to you for any support outside of the day-to-day activities of your role.
Sounds great! How do I get involved? If you’re interested in applying, you’ll need to send us your CV and a covering letter highlighting experience and knowledge to specific skills required. Once we receive this, those shortlisted for the role will be invited for an interview, which we give us the opportunity to ask you a couple of questions and also give you the opportunity to ask us questions too. We want to make sure that this is the right role for you and that you’ll be happy providing this support.
Interested in applying or have any questions? Please contact our Volunteer Team: Email: email@example.com
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.