about 2 months ago
Position: Organisational Development Officer
Volunteering commitment: Minimum 3 months
Introduction to ConnectionHub
ConnectionHub is a UK-registered charity offering blended learning programmes to refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece. Currently, the lack of educational opportunities leaves refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece exposed to a future of social exclusion, precarious employment, exploitation, and poverty.
ConnectionHub's mission is to provide education and integration opportunities via blended learning pathways to people in crisis and conflict contexts, in order to reduce this human suffering and exploitation. Blended learning, which utilises both online and offline educational material and support, is proven to better facilitate student's learning journey; with this approach we hope to give refugees and asylum seekers the chance to develop new skills that will build their capacities as individuals, help them bridge the literacy gap, and support them to change the trajectory of their lives by creating job opportunities and economic empowerment. ConnectionHub's programmes are accessible to displaced people regardless of legal status, gender, age, or ethnic identity.
We are looking for a highly motivated Organisational Development Officer to help enable the success of ConnectionHub strategy by bringing together all parts of the Charity and make sure that ConnectionHub operates at its best. As an Organisational Development Officer you will use "outside the box" thinking to support organisational performance to help the Charity shape its culture.
Organisational Development Officer Responsibilities:
- Advising on organisational design and structures.
- Preparing organisational diagnostics.
- Creating organisational development interventions.
- Designing values and behavioural interventions.
- Leading on culture-change programmes.
- Advising on work design choices and approaches.
- Assisting with recruitment and selection activities.
Organisational Development Officer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or related subjects.
- Relevant experience working within a HR/OD environment (minimum 1 year desirable).
- CIPD qualification.
- Knowledge of up-to-date legislation.
- Able to communicate very well with a range of different people.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Have good project management skills and ability to prioritise projects and tasks.
- Excellent IT skills (proficient in Microsoft packages).
All volunteers are required to have a valid DBS certificate.
Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter, detailing your interest in the role, your relevant experience and evidence of how you meet our criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org