23 days ago
Position: Online Course Content Coordinator
Volunteering commitment: minimum 3 months
Introduction to ConnectionHub
ConnectionHub is a UK-registered charity offering blended learning programmes to refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece. Currently, the lack of educational opportunities leaves refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece exposed to a future of social exclusion, precarious employment, exploitation, and poverty.
ConnectionHub's mission is to provide education and integration opportunities via blended learning pathways to people in crisis and conflict contexts, in order to reduce this human suffering and exploitation. Blended learning, which utilises both online and offline educational material and support, is proven to better facilitate student's learning journey; with this approach we hope to give refugees and asylum seekers the chance to develop new skills that will build their capacities as individuals, help them bridge the literacy gap, and support them to change the trajectory of their lives by creating job opportunities and economic empowerment. ConnectionHub's programmes are accessible to displaced people regardless of legal status, gender, age, or ethnic identity.
Online Course Content Programme
As part of our connected learning programme we will provide a Communicating with Confidence course to our students with the aim of supporting them through their asylum application process. We acknowledge that there may be a lack of access to information and knowledge surrounding this process and the requirements and language barriers it entails.
We therefore aim to run this course to assist our students in developing their communication skills and understanding of the asylum interview process. This will assist them in navigating their asylum hearings, and ensure they feel prepared in presenting their case in a coherent and plausible form which suits the Western institutional context. We hope to empower them with knowledge of what to expect of the interview and their rights throughout, how to communicate their story confidently and to ensure they feel prepared psychologically for the demanding process ahead. We want our students to be equipped with the means to maximise their chances of application success therefore, easing their anxiety surrounding the process and foster engagement in their education.
We are looking for an Online Course Content Coordinator to work with ConnectionHub to create and deliver online course content for refugees and asylum seekers students. The role of the Online Course Content Coordinator is to take responsibility for a particular course and to support the planning, development and delivery of that course. The Online Course Content Coordinator has an important role in quality assurance of course delivery at ConnectionHub.
Online Course Content Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Creating content for a 12 weeks online course to be deliverable in a 30 minute interactive online lecture format (desirable 4 weeks of module content).
- Willingness to work cooperatively in a team, addressing and acting on feedback students may give to their mentors.
- Develop online learning program goals or plans, including equipment replacement, quality assurance, or course offering plans.
- Review distance learning content to ensure compliance with copyright, licensing, or other requirements.
- Keeping up-to-date with changes in the law, in particular immigration, asylum and nationality law.
- Complying with accreditation and professional standards acclaimed internationally e.g. IAAS/OISC.
Online Course Content Coordinator Requirements:
- Proven experience as a Legal Counsel, Solicitor or an International Legal Adviser in the International Immigration sector.
- Experience working and supporting with distance learning program (minimum 3 years desirable).
- Extensive working knowledge of European asylum systems and the asylum interview process.
- Knowledge and understanding of the needs and the complexity of issues faced by the refugees and asylum seekers.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and able to deal sympathetically and appropriately with refugees and show empathy with them.
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information.
- Second language (French, Farsi, Arabic, Pashto- desirable).
- Outstanding communication skills.
All volunteers are required to have a valid DBS certificate.
Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter, detailing your interest in the role, your relevant experience and evidence of how you meet our criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org