2 months ago
Role: Volunteer Minibus Driver
Organisation: Voluntary Services Lewisham
Location: London Borough of Lewisham
Commitment: We ask for a minimum commitment of 3 hours per week over a 3-month period
Who are we?
Voluntary Services Lewisham (VSL) is an independent charity founded in 1969. We aim to help and support older people, vulnerable adults, people with physical disabilities, people experiencing mental health difficulties and children & families from disadvantaged backgrounds. We do this by providing, befriending, mental health drop ins and transport services across the London Borough of Lewisham.
Purpose of role
VSL runs a transport project for Lewisham residents who have difficulty with or are unable to use public transport. We provide low-cost transport for older and vulnerable individuals, taking them to shops and to their medical appointments.
We are looking for enthusiastic Volunteer Minibus Drivers to join our team of committed volunteers to help transport residents living in the borough of Lewisham. You will be required to have a full and valid UK driving license, with no endorsements (points). A valid Enhanced DBS check is also required, we are able to provide you with one if you do not have a valid check dated within the last 3 years.
There is the potential to receive AQA accredited training though this is not a requirement of the role. To ensure the continuity of the community services we support, we are looking for volunteers who are able to commit a minimum of 3 hours per week for at least 3 months.
To carry out driving duties in compliance with VSL policies.
- To liaise with staff regarding transport requests and arrangements
- To collect monies from passengers where applicable
- Complete vehicle log sheets accurately and return to the office
- Volunteer drivers are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
We are looking for volunteers with:
- A willingness to learn
- Empathetic and caring attitude
- Good interpersonal skills
- Committed and reliable
- A full clean licence
- Friendly and patient attitude
- Trustworthy and reliable
What can we offer you?
- Volunteer for an established and highly respected charity in Lewisham
- Develop new skills and build your confidence
- The opportunity to support your local community and to meet new people
- The opportunity to undertake training and to be a part of our volunteer family, (pre COVID we held annual volunteer social events)
- Improve your physical and mental wellbeing
- Volunteer in a different sector and learn how charities operate
- Discounts at over 500 local businesses through membership of the Lewisham Local card
To learn more about volunteering for VSL, please contact us.
How to apply
Please contact us if you require any further information on 020 8291 1747.
To apply please follow the link below to complete our application form: