6 months ago
Position: Mentor Team Leader
Volunteering commitment: minimum 3 months
Introduction to ConnectionHub
ConnectionHub is a UK-registered charity offering blended learning programmes to refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece. Currently, the lack of educational opportunities leaves refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece exposed to a future of social exclusion, precarious employment, exploitation, and poverty.
ConnectionHub's mission is to provide education and integration opportunities via blended learning pathways to people in crisis and conflict contexts, in order to reduce this human suffering and exploitation. Blended learning, which utilises both online and offline educational material and support, is proven to better facilitate student's learning journey; with this approach we hope to give refugees and asylum seekers the chance to develop new skills that will build their capacities as individuals, help them bridge the literacy gap, and support them to change the trajectory of their lives by creating job opportunities and economic empowerment. ConnectionHub's programmes are accessible to displaced people regardless of legal status, gender, age, or ethnic identity.
We are looking for a self-starter Mentor Team Leader who works well both independently and as part of a team. The Mentor Team Leader is responsible for supporting the recruitment, matching, training and ongoing support of Volunteer Mentors, as well as events and special projects. This role is ideal for someone who has experience working with refugees and asylum seekers, delivering sessions and other leadership activities and is passionate about social action in their community.
Mentor Team Leader Responsibilities:
- Develop a process for off-cycle, first-time matches.
- Support mentor/mentee pairs with un-matching and/or re-match process by requesting up-to-date records for existing mentor/mentee relationships.
- Provide ongoing education workshops to mentors at least once per quarter throughout the year.
- Maintain documentation and track program deliverables, including those of partner agencies for semi-annual reporting.
- Provide resources to mentors/mentees regarding emerging professional development themes.
- Support with annual Mentor Appreciation events and other special Mentor Program events, including new mentor Orientation, training and other events as they arise.
- Work with human resources to ensure all Volunteer Mentors go into the Salesforce database to identify Volunteer Mentor tasks.
- Provides crisis intervention, de-escalation, and safety planning to mentee as needed.
Mentor Team Leader Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree programs in human services, business or related subjects.
- Relevant experience (minimum 3 years desirable).
- Experience in developing and implementing programs required.
- Sound judgment and the ability to supervise mentors in the field.
- Ability to communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Second language (French, Farsi, Arabic, Pashto- desirable).
- Excellent speaking and writing skills.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Skilled using Salesforce data management system includes technical skills (2-3 years desirable).
All volunteers are required to have a valid DBS certificate.
Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter, detailing your interest in the role, your relevant experience and evidence of how you meet our criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org