about 3 years ago
The Way Wolverhampton Youth Zone has been awarded funds by the Steve Morgan Foundation to deliver a mentoring programme for young people aged 8-19 years (up to 25 years with a disability).
As a volunteer mentor, you will be 21 years or over and be passionate and committed to providing effective and reliable 1:1 mentoring support to a vulnerable, disadvantaged and at-risk child or young person between the ages of 8-19 years (up to 25 years with a disability). Each mentoring session will last a minimum of 1.5-2 hours a week (mentoring generally takes places weekday evenings and weekends) for approximately 12 months.
By volunteering your time as a mentor you will also have access to exclusively apply for 1 of2 part time Mentoring Support Youth Worker roles advertised beginning of August. These roles are only made available to mentors and are offered on a 12 months fixed term contract.
Commitment to this role is essential as our young people could be experiencing some difficult times. A big smile and a fun personality also helps.
From volunteering in this role, you will:
- Have the opportunity to exclusively apply for 1 of 2 paid part time trainee mentor coordinator roles advertised every August.
- Receive full reimbursement of expenses.
- Receive a thorough induction programme and regular training such as online safeguarding refreshers and free accredited Level 2 food & hygiene training if required.
- Receive regular contact from your mentoring co-ordinators, monthly supervisions from your Mentoring Lead, as well as ongoing advice, support and guidance.
- Make a real difference to a young person's life and gain invaluable experience relevant and applicable to a variety of career areas.
- Have lots of opportunities to meet with other mentors and mentees.
- Gain the opportunity to improve your CV experience and be recognised during awards evenings for outstanding performance.
- You need to have an enhanced DBS check for this role which we will provide.
- A willingness to work hours during evenings and weekends is required.
- The ability and willingness to travel to events in the City and beyond.
- If successful you will be invited to either a group or individual interview and then will be required to complete mentor and safeguarding training before starting your role.
PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK TO APPLY: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=s5ugSY-JqEqwpV41Oo4hDaSz3BFPmwBAmtbZSQobLbpUMEhFWjlIMldOUFk4RzVNVjVTRFBYTE8xNC4u