Reasonable travel and subsistence reimbursed
about 3 years ago
Media Trust background:
At Media Trust we believe in the power of media to change lives. We work with the media industry to empower charities and communities to have a voice and be heard.
This is achieved by:
- Providing communications skills and resources through expert-led training courses and events, free professional support, film production, free online guides and resources;
- Helping access audiences through Community Channel on TV and online, national news distribution and media partnerships;
- Harnessing creative industry talent through media volunteers and media partnerships.
Our corporate members include: A&E Networks, adam&eve DDB, AMV BBDO, Arqiva, Ascential, BBC, BBH, Bloomberg, BT, Camelot, Channel 4, Dentsu Aegis Network, Discovery, DMG Media, Endemol Shine UK, ESI Media, Facebook, Global Radio, Guardian Media Group, Google, Havas Media Group, Hearst Magazine, IAB, Independent Television News, ITV, Next15, Saatchi&Saatchi, Sky, Starcom MediaVest, Telegraph Media Group, Twitter, Time Warner, Trinity Mirror, Virgin Media, UBM, UKTV, Viacom, Walt Disney UK and Ireland, Weber Shandwick, WPP and Yahoo!
For more information visit www.mediatrust.org or follow us @Media_Trust
We are looking for someone enthusiastic to get stuck in with all elements of the marketing mix on Community Channel. This ranges from managing the social media channels, writing online content to briefing artwork and managing event guestlists.
- Website content management
- Social media management (including daily posting).
- Managing sometimes complex longer-term design projects, as well as keeping up with daily essential/urgent jobs.
- Assisting with various elements of marketing events.
- Assisting with an upcoming exciting marketing campaign.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent organisational skills and the ability to priorities their workload.
- The ideal candidate will be up for getting stuck in to all elements of the role and will have a can do approach.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to follow instructions to the letter, and have an eagle eye for detail.
- They will have excellent written English and strong verbal communication skills.
- The successful candidate will need to have the ability to work under pressure, and to keep a cool, calm head!
- Drupal or similar CMS experience and basic HTML coding skills would be a bonus but not essential.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and the aims and values of Media Trust
You will need to have a friendly and positive spirit and be someone who will help out teammates and bring good energy to our fun work space!
The above job description is a guide to the work you may be required to undertake but it may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
Closing Date: 4 May 2016
How to apply
First download and complete the Equal Opportunities form then email your CV and a covering letter describing how your skills and experience match our requirements and how many hours/days per week you would be available to work, together with the completed Equal Opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the role you are applying for in the subject heading.
We have a number of volunteers working on a range of projects across the organisation. Each volunteer has a specified role and line manager.
Media Trust volunteers have a track record of moving into interesting paid opportunities in the media and charity sectors. Recent volunteers are now working in organisations such as Sky, Two Hand Productions, Dow Jones, Comic Relief, Marketiiers4dc and Media Trust.
The Media Trust values diversity and is an equal opportunities employer Registered Charity no. 1042733