£28k per year + pro rata
about 3 years ago
A charity supporting the welfare of animals are seeking a part time (24 hours per week) Volunteer Manager to join their small but passionate team. The role itself with home based, with travel to the key operational areas of the organisation. You will lead and deliver a strategy for all areas of volunteering.
Main duties for the Volunteer Manager:
- Recruit and support volunteers, including the implementation of retention strategies to ensure the volunteer body?s strength is maintained (currently c.100 volunteers)
- Develop and facilitate the induction programme
- Keep abreast of relevant legislation, policy and best practice
- Provision of information and support to volunteers on all general matters
- Manage internal communication to volunteers
Essential criteria for the Volunteer Manager:
- Significant experience delivering a volunteer strategy whilst managing and supporting volunteers
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Can do attitude
- Strong decision maker, with the ability to build relationships with volunteers and staff alike across regions
- Experience working remotely managing volunteers would be advantageous
To apply for the Volunteer Manager role, please email your CV to our Office & Specialist Support Team quoting the reference number 53589SBR. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.