£40000.00 - £42000.00 per annum
17 days ago
A professional membership and awards body is hiring for a Volunteer Manager to manage the organisation's network of professional volunteers and provide strategic expertise for the operations and improvement of the volunteer networks. This is a 12-month maternity cover contract offering very flexible working arrangements.
As the Volunteer Manager, you will be responsible for managing and supporting volunteers within the organisation's professional networks, ensuring that they have the skills and knowledge to enable them to support the professional development of the organisation's members. You will ensure that volunteer branches are appropriately resourced and are operating within policies and procedures, as well as supporting them with events and recruitment of new members.
You will provide strategic thinking, advice on governance rules, spot opportunities to improve the volunteer network's operations and services, as well as manage relationships and work closely with members of the membership council with varying agendas.
You will have the following skills and experience:
* Experience leading a team, holding autonomous responsibilities
* Experience working with volunteers, understanding how to engage and motivate volunteers
* Excellent people management skills with the ability and confidence to guide group discussions, influence others with gravitas and broker consensus when necessary.
* The ability to oversee the allocation of work and provide direction.
* Strong stakeholder management skills with both internal and external stakeholders; the ability to listen, advise and manage expectations.
* A pro-active and positive attitude with the desire to develop a team that embodies this.
* Drive and desire to continually seek improvement and results; commitment to ensuring the highest standard and actively leading/ supporting business improvements.
If this sounds like the role for you, then we look forward to hearing from you. We are reviewing CVs as and when we are receiving them so if you are keen to apply, then please do so today.
TPP are always keen to speak with candidates looking to work in the sector so if this role isn't quite right for you, please do check out our website www.tpp.co.uk and pop your CV over to us!
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.