Reasonable travel expenses reimbursed
over 2 years ago
Word Up!-News is an online magazine run by members of the Wandsworth, Learning Difficulties Network. The magazine empowers its writers and contributors with learning difficulties to speak up in a meaningful and constructive way about the issues important to them. It is the first magazine of its kind in the UK and has a readership of over 5000 people in Wandsworth, Greater London and beyond.
Take a look at our website: www.wordupnews.co.uk
For the last year, production has slowed down and the writing team has become less active. We would love to reinvigorate this project and we’re looking for a motivated, energetic, creative, friendly person to support this.
To support the production and outreach of Word Up!-News Online Magazine.
The position is unpaid. Travel and administrative expenses will be reimbursed.
8 Hours a week. (Must be available to work either Mondays or Tuesdays)
Ongoing. Must be available to commit for 6 months minimum.
Accountable to: Wandsworth Care Alliance, Learning Disability Project Manager.
- Support people with learning disabilities in Wandsworth to produce an online magazine which meets the aims of Word Up!-News Magazine.
- Plan a magazine launch party. (With support from magazine contributors and WCA LD-Project Manager)
- Take an active role in fundraising, seek out and apply for funding
- Work with the WCA-LD-Project Manager to create a three year sustainability plan
- Contribute to the overall sustainability of the project
- Manage the Word Up!-News social media accounts
- General website maintenance
- Build the profile of the magazine in the local community
- General administration including, typing up and uploading articles and other information submitted to us by people with learning difficulties
- Creating easy read articles
Please note that this is an unpaid position. We are looking for a volunteer who is available for one day per week; although this position is unpaid we offer excellent references upon the successful completion of your assignment.
Please visit the WCA website on the following link: http://wca.btck.co.uk
If you are interested in this position please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, or call Candy Worf on 020 8516 7764 – I currently work Monday’s, Tuesdays and a flexible half day.
We look forward to hearing from you!