5 months ago
Position Title: Volunteer Legal Compliance, Policy & Contracts Officer
Length of Term: 12 Months (option for renewal)
Reports To: Board of Directors
Duty Station: London currently remote
Deadline: 15th February 2021 (Applications considered on submission)
WYKEI is a new UK based Not-for-Profit aiming to empower Women, Youth & Kids (WYKs) through human rights, gender equality & conflict transformation education, research & entrepreneurship in the UK & Jerusalem. We aim to work with all WYKs starting with the most vulnerable first and those in a post-conflict/conflict setting where these initiatives are a priority to create a future sustainable peace & work towards sustainable development.
We are currently seeking an experienced and highly skilled Legal Officer to develop the CIC governance documents, policies (conflict of interest, confidentiality, child protection, equality, volunteer expenses, data protection, develop terms and conditions for all legal agreements including subscription agreements, etc.) ensure all CIC legal requirements are in place, draft employment and volunteer contracts and any other legal contracts required, ensure legal compliance with funding bodies. Provide any other services as required and assigned by the Board of Directors.
You should be able to demonstrate & provide evidence of the criteria listed below:
- Required: LLB & LPC & Law Society Member
- Proven work experience as solicitor having worked for not-for-profits, CICs and/or Charities within similar roles
- Strong track record of working with NFPs, CICs and/or Charities in ensuring compliance, governance document drafting and policy development
- Solid knowledge of legal requirements of CICs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Remote home based Full Time until initial required policies, governance documents, and contracts have been developed and finalized. These documents will ensure the smooth running of the organization. We would like the volunteer to commit their time fully for this project to have documents ready as soon as possible.
- Following the development of initial required documents you can choose your hours to manage your work and ensure smooth running (5+ hours).
- Attend weekly online meetings to discuss progress with the board of directors (1hr or more if required).
All voluntary roles are unpaid. However, all reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed once funding is received & according to the expenses policy.
Induction & Support
Once appointed, Volunteers will be given an induction programme which will involve getting to know the organisation & becoming familiar with the role of Volunteers including introducing you to the team. Volunteers have an informal annual appraisal through which additional development & support can be agreed. Initial training in Human Rights will be provided and other required training will be organized to empower the Volunteers with the knowledge about their rights and progress in their careers. We are committed to making the role of Volunteers a positive & mutually beneficial experience.
How to apply
For full details and how to apply please follow the link: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:666567d3-b664-477e-b9b1-c101ebd14a47